On August 16th, I wrote a column entitled, “A Shortage of Homes”. In it, I wrote about a lack of quality homes for sale at $250,000 and below. I attributed this to the inventory statistics from Metrolist, plus the knowledge of knowing many homes builders that either have gone out of business or who have stopped building. Many builders had to put a halt to spec homes until they have sold their existing inventory or they went to a pre-sale only model. If you would like to re-read this column, you can at Codreamhouse.com and click on “news.”
Right after the column appeared, I quickly heard from several home builders. They wanted to let me know that they were still in business, that they were building, and they had inventory available right now for consumers to buy. I always appreciate hearing from my readers and I personally respond to each and every email that I receive. I told the builders that if you want to get the message out to the public that you have homes available and buyers don’t have wait six months to a year for a new build, then let me know and I’ll publish it.
The builders responded and I am keeping my promise. Here’s who I heard from, along with the and where:
- Standard Pacific homes said that they have started the construction of 15 new homes just in the last few weeks. They have homes available in Aurora, Commerce City, Denver, Erie, Elizabeth, and Broomfield. The website is: http://www.standardpacifichomes.com/new-homes/denver-metro.html
- Newtown Builders has three homes available on Bradburn Blvd. in Westminster. The website is : http://www.newtownbuilders.com
- Boulder Creek has several homes ready at the Vista ridge Subdivision, Erie, CO. The website is www.livebouldercreek.com .
- Taylor Morrison has five homes available right now, with another nine more ready by the end of October. They are in Thornton, Parker, and Erie. The website is www.taylormorrison.com .
- Century Communities has nine Denver locations and in recent ads have been listing how many homes they have available in each community. The website is www.centurycommunities.com.
Lennar, Oakwood, and Pulte also contacted me along with many others and I wish I had enough room to list them all. I thank everyone for their information and we are delighted that home builders are building again. This is a terrific sign for the Denver economy.
Dan Polimino is a Realtor with Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty. He can be reached at DPolimino@fullerproperties.com and www.CoDreamHouse.com