There really are some important factors that everyone should consider if you want to find your dream home. Here is what I think are the top six things to consider when starting your search.
* Neighborhood. This seems obvious, but what I like to tell buyers is that when they first start thinking about moving, drive around some neighborhoods and get a feel of what looks good to you. Then take that knowledge to the internet to find out more.
* Children. If you have kids, how important is it for you to be in a certain school district? If so, that may limit the neighborhoods in which to find a dream home.
Square feet. Some neighborhoods are known for large homes while some have small bungalow style homes. In recent years, the trend has been to go smaller, not bigger, so make sure that the neighborhood meets your square footage requirement.
* Finishes. They range widely so make sure that you know what you are looking for inside. If you are like us and have allergies, you may want to avoid homes with carpet and only look at ones with hardwood floors.
* Amenities. Remember that you are not only buying the home, but you are also buying the neighborhood. Amenities like a community pool, walking trails, shopping, and entertainment may all be important so make sure that you check it out.
* Landscaping. Some people want a home with a big backyard and plenty of trees. While that can be nice, that can also be expensive and time consuming to maintain. Make sure that you know what you are getting into here.
Finding your dream home should be fun. Don’t make it a job; enjoy the journey and explore. I hope that you find your dream home and feel free to contact me with questions or for help.
Click here to Get started searching for YOUR Colorado Dream Home.