As a student of marketing, I am constantly fascinated by the data that reveals how people purchases things. There clearly has been a major paradigm shift in the way people find and buy real estate. When I do consulting, I always tell the companies, “Let’s not guess what people want, let’s be sure,” and today, there are more ways than ever to quickly get a pulse on what people want.
The question I have for you today is, “How do you want your real estate?” I always hear professionals in the business debating what works, what gets people’s attentions, and what sells homes. Today, I am taking my own advice and instead of guessing what you want, I am just going to ask. If you are kind enough to send me an email and answer the questions below I promise not to use your name and divulge information. I am just looking for honest answers from you the public and how you prefer to search and buy real estate. Here are the questions:
- What is your preferred method for finding real estate? Internet, newspaper, realtor, open house, video, TV, radio, email, referral, or some other?
- If it’s internet, what sites do you shop for homes on the most?
- Is video now a must for viewing homes online or on your phone?
- Would you like to be notified about homes for sale via email and text message?
- Do you look for open houses in the newspaper or online?
- If you use the newspaper for your real estate needs, what do you want to see the most? Homes for resale, new construction information, market data, rentals, or all the above and why?
- Do you still like attending an open house or are they a thing of the past?
- Is your primary focus on getting a deal or getting the right house?
- What’s your opinion of realtors?
- What do you dislike about the home buying process?
A big thank you ahead of time to all those who respond to this informal questionnaire; in the end, it will help us deliver real estate exactly the way you want it and use it.
Dan Polimino is a Realtor with Fuller Sotheby’s International Realty. He can be reached at DPolimino@fullerproperties.com and www.CoDreamHouse.com