Rick Reilly, the columnist from Sports Illustrated, ESPN and The Denver Post, just came out with a new book called, “Tiger Meet My Sister… and other things I shouldn’t have said!” It’s a compilation of his best columns over the last five years. If you have ever read his stuff, you know how witty Rick can be. It got me thinking of the title of this column, “10 Things You’ll Never Hear Me Say As A Real Estate Agent.”
10) Yes, you can clean the carpets and move in before closing!
9) No, you don’t need earnest money or proof of funds to have your offer considered.
8) Yes, I work for free.
7) Closing on time is strictly optional.
6) I work without a listing agreement or buyer’s agency agreement all the time.
5) I love looking at 87 homes.
4) Sure you can price your home as high as you want.
3) Just write your offer on a sticky note.
2) Ahhh, location is overrated.
1) You don’t need no stinkin’ money to buy a home.
In all seriousness, I love my job; but you would be amazed at some of the questions we get day in and day out. I only touched on a few here. I would love to hear some of yours.